001. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
002. I will respond by asking you five questions of a very intimate and creepily personal nature. Or not so creepy/personal.
003. You WILL update your LJ with the answers to the questions.
004. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the post.
005. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
My questions from kinfae:
1. Do you think you'll ever really settle down with someone? Do you even want to at this point?
At the time she originally sent this question, it was agonizingly timed. Even now I feel it's a bit apropos, owing mostly to the dorky way in which I apparently measure time internally. But in short: no and no. Recent (?) events have shown that I guess I'm just not really the settling down type. My last long-term relationship seemed to be headed in the marriage direction, or at least would have been if I wasn't such a spaz about such things, so...seeing as how I've reached my 30's and still am not comfortable with the idea, I'm guessing things aren't going to be so different going forward. I guess it's the single life for me.
2. What do you hope to be doing in ten years with the gambling-fu, or do you plan to give it up?
Wow, ten years. I never think about things ten years hence. :) Lately, say the last year or so, the gambling has really tapered off a bunch, owing to one thing or another. Actually, looking over my records, it seems I go through cycles, like a month of constant poker and a month of basically nothing. I've come some distance since I first started, but certainly I'm nowhere near where I would want to be, so...it's hard to say. At this point it seems likely that it will stay an interesting hobby, and not a lifestyle centerpiece. That said, if things ever align themselves in a certain way (mostly that I suddenly have a lot of money), I'd surely want to ramp up the poker. In ten years, though? I dunno...I can't really see it being more than it is now, just something I enjoy and do when I can. We'll see. :)
3. When are you coming back to NYC? No, really..
Oh, man. This may actually be somewhat tied to the gambling-fu. ;) It's always there, in the back of my mind, that I should return someday. But the New York of my memories is no longer the New York that is. My core group is scattered far and wide, and everyone's lives are so different now. As my life has collapsed more and more inward and my antisocial tendencies have grown, I suppose New York is becoming less and less a priority for me. It remains my favorite place, but the importance of being in a favorite place has lessened in my life. So it goes.
Uh...I realize I didn't answer the question. :) I guess I can only say...I have no immediate plans to return.
4. Have you deliberately cut yourself off or is it really just distance?
Probably a bit of both. Well, no, that's not right. I haven't done anything deliberate, actually...it's just that I've started to notice that I really don't have the ties with people that I used to. That said, though, I think it's more than just distance that's responsible. Distance was certainly a factor, but also in the mix is my new bizarre schedule, tightening financial situation, and growing hermitism. I find as the years go by that I have less and less to do with other humans. Like, on a personal level; certainly my job has me interacting more with people now than ever before. But that interaction is all very bounded and scripted. I don't really do a lot of hanging out any more. That's just how I'm rolling these days.
5. When are you coming to meet the munchkin?
Heh. I don't do well with the little ones. Let's give it 20 years or so. :)